If you have been following me on social media you will know that Eco Week came to an on Friday! I spent 5 days cleaning my home with just eco-friendly cleaning products.
The upshot was that I REALLY missed the bleach and I have gone back to using bleach down the loo. Not a moment too soon either, as Jonny came down with Norovirus on Monday. It is like a bleach fest in our house at the moment.
But bleach aside, here are the products that have earned a place in my cleaning caddy for good!
- Method Wild Rhubarb Antibacterial Spray £3 (828ml) in Tesco. This one is a bit of a no-brainer as it was actually already in my caddy before eco week started. I love love LOVE the smell of this one but the fact that it is antibacterial means that it was firmly by my side for the whole week
- Waitrose ECOlogical Grapefruit and Eucalyptus Multi-Purpose Spray £1.99 (500ml) This was a VERY close second because of the smell! I joked in my YouTube video that it made my house smell posh. And that is why I like it. It has a rich, expensive smell and even though it isn’t antibacterial I am now using it to clean most of the hard surfaces (except in the kitchen and the bathrooms)
- Ecover Classic Dishwasher Tablets £5.00 for 25 pack at Tesco I have never really had a fave brand when it came to dishwasher tablets, let alone put any thought into whether what I was using was good for the environment! But since using these I am sold. They clean really well!
- Ecover Mult-Action Spray (tackles grease and grime) £2.20 (500ml) at Tesco. This spray really came into own in the kitchen. I would usually be reaching for the Bleach Spray (Tesco’s own is a firm fave). I found it cleaned really well, especially the cooker top. So it is staying!
- Method Almond Wood Floor Cleaner £4 (739ml) at Tesco. Again another one I was using before the experiment but out of all the floor cleaners I used for the laminate floors in our house this was top dog! I LOVE the smell (Bakewell Tarts anyone?) and also the fact that it is a squirt and mop cleaner. So it works fab with my mircofibre mop!
Until team next TOMMers ?