You can’t loose with is one! It’s a meal that looks fancy with minimal washing up!
I have been cooking this recipe for years and my boys always wolf it down. It makes a nice change to a traditional Sunday roast and it is SO EASY to make. (It is more of an assembly job!) This is a fab one to do with the kids too – they will feel really accomplished when they pull it out of the oven!
You will need:
- 1 block of ready made puff pastry – make sure its dairy free! (feel free to change this to filo if you prefer)
- 1 skinless side of salmon (or 4 individual salmon fillets)
- 1 jar of dairy free pesto (I use Sacla free from number 9 pesto)
- 3 tomatoes
- Soy milk (for brushing the pastry)
Let’s Cook it!
- Turn the oven to 180 degrees
- Lay the pastry sheet lengthways onto a baking tray on top of a piece of greaseproof paper.
- lay the salmon lengthways in the middle of the pastry
- Spoon about 2/3 of the dairy free pesto onto of the salmon and speed it our evenly
- Slice the tomatoes and lay on top of the pesto layer
- Bring the sides of the pastry together over the top of the salmon – it doesn’t matter if they don’t quite meet – pinch together the ends at either side.
- Brush the pastry with some soy milk
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown!
- Slice into equal portions.